General Terms and Conditions of Purchase Order
- Definitions. These General Terms and Conditions of Purchase Order are referred to below as “these Terms and Conditions.” The seller identified in the Purchase Order into which these Terms and Conditions are incorporated is Wood Brokerage International and referred to below as “Seller.” The purchaser or its specified subsidiary or division identified in the Purchase Order is referred to below as “Buyer.” These Terms and Conditions relate to any Purchase Order submitted by the Buyer to Seller and are incorporated thereto, which are referred to collectively below as the “Purchase Order.” The goods to be purchased by Buyer under the Purchase Order are referred to below as “Goods.”
- Entire Contract. The entire contract between Buyer and Seller is contained in this Purchase Order. No alleged oral promises or conditions not set forth in the Purchase Order shall be binding upon Buyer or Seller, and any prior negotiations between the parties are merged into the Purchase Order.
- Acceptance. Any claims for grade, shortage, damage, etc. must be made within 90 days of delivery and are subject to re-inspection of product in unaltered condition. No returns without specific authorization. Acceptance or rejection of the Goods shall be made as promptly as practical after delivery to the ultimate destination, but failure to inspect and accept or reject the Goods or any part thereof, or failure to detect defects by inspection, shall not relieve Buyer from responsibility for such of the Goods.
- Insolvency. If Buyer ceases to conduct its operation in the normal course of business, including inability to meet its obligations as they mature, or if any proceeding under the bankruptcy or insolvency laws is brought by or against Buyer, or a receiver for Buyer is appointed or applied for, or an assignment for the benefit of creditors is made by Buyer, Seller may terminate the Purchase Order without liability.
- Interest and Collections. Interest of 1.5% per month of the invoice amount will be charged on all past due invoices. Buyer is responsible for costs of collection including reasonable attorney fees incurred due to failure to pay.
- Arbitration. Except as to collection proceedings, Customer agrees to submit to arbitration in Multnomah County, Oregon any controversy or claim arising out of this agreement.
- Waiver. No waiver of the breach of any provision of the Purchase Order shall be deemed a waiver of any succeeding breach or shall such waiver be deemed to be a modification of the terms hereof.
- General. The rights and obligations of the parties under the Purchase Order shall be governed by the laws of the State of Oregon, U.S.A. in effect as of the date of the Purchase Order, including without limitation the provisions of the Oregon Uniform Commercial Code, but without regard to conflicts of law principles. The 1980 United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, as amended, shall not apply to the Purchase Order. Any agreement signed and sent by facsimile shall be treated as a binding original.
ALL SALES ARE SUBJECT TO THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PURCHASE ORDERS POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE (woodbrokerage.com) WHICH TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE BY THIS REFERENCE INCORPORATED HEREIN. A PRINTED COPY OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.